2021 Aug 7-8, 2021 Reticulated Silver and Steel with Bette Barnett, Cost $317 RESCHEDULED
CONTACT ME AT DIAWEIMER@GMAIL.COM IF INTERESTED
2021 August 7,8 , Saturday, Sunday Reticulated Silver and Steel with Bette Barnett, Cost $317 RESCHEDULED
Bette Barnett is coming to teach Reticulated Silver and Steel on Aug. 7-8, 2021 from 9-4 at Diane Weimer's studio in Long Beach, CA. Cost $317
Contact me at email@example.com if interested.
In this workshop, you’ll learn all about reticulated silver, including the proper alloy, preparation and torch control. We’ll practice different reticulation patterns reminiscent of mountain ranges, valleys and clouds. (Don’t worry if you mess it up. You’ll simply melt it down and give it another go.)
In addition to reticulation, you’ll also learn how to water cast molten argentium to form various shapes, including pods and cups, that can be added to your steel and silver jewelry. You’ll also learn to melt silver beads on to the steel’s surface, which can be left as is or flattened for a different effect. Finally, you’ll receive an introduction to applying small silver balls onto the reticulated silver through the granulation process.
The workshop will be packed full of information and imaginative fun. You’ll learn to:
- Create reticulated silver in various patterns for use in your steel and silver jewelry.
- Use your reticulated pattern as creative inspiration for the design of your steel and silver jewelry.
- Combine reticulated silver with steel through soldering, fusing and layering.
- Create argentium water castings to adorn your mixed metals jewelry.
- Attach silver beads to steel for added interest.
- Bond silver balls to reticulated silver through a process called granulation.
- Work with mild steel, including the basics of cutting, forming, and polishing.
- Apply different patinas to steel, including heat, olive oil and chemical patinas.
During the workshop, you’ll have time to create a mixed metals steel and reticulated silver cuff plus at least one other piece of your own design.
Do not go through the website to register for the class but email me.